This is a really easy recipe that only takes a few minutes to make. You can modify this to exclude nuts if needed and you can personalise this to suit your taste. Simply make it the night before, leave it in the fridge overnight, ready for the morning ahead.
Oats offers a really good start to the day especially in terms of blood sugar control. Oats contains beta-glucans, which has been shown to:
- reduce glucose and insulin responses after meals
- improve insulin sensitivity
- help maintain glycaemic control
- reduce blood lipids (fats)
- 40g Oats
- 200ml Coconut Milk
- 2 tbsp Chia Pudding
- 1 tbsp Desiccated Coconut
- 1 tbsp Pumpkin Seeds
- 1 tbsp Sunflower Seeds
- 2 tbsp Stewed Apple/Stewed Berries
- 1/4 tsp Cinnamon/Cinnamon Stick
- Put the oats, milk and chia pudding in a bowl/mason jar.
- Add seeds, desiccated coconut
- Add the stewed apple/berries
- Add the cinnamon/cinnamon stick
- Mix and stir well until the chia pudding is mixed in.
- In the morning just add walnuts and enjoy.