I have to confess that I have a bit of a thing for experimenting with pancake recipes. The gluten and dairy free pancake recipe I am sharing with you today is very much a firm favourite in our house. The children love the slightly thicket texture and I suppose they actually have a bit of an Derbyshire oatcake feel about them. They are moist, thick and very yummy.
Gluten and Dairy Free Pancakes
- 80g gluten free oats
- 300g gluten free flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 60g coconut oil
- 500ml coconut milk (I really like Rude Health)
- 4 organic eggs
- Add all the ingredients to a food processor or a Vitamix and blend till smooth.
- Heat your pan, no need to add oil and start making your pancakes.
- Don't pour your pancakes too thick. The oats does make it slightly thicker, so try and keep it thin, otherwise it becomes tricky to turn.
- The first pancake is likely to break, but don't be disheartened, the rest work out well.
I really hope that you enjoy these as much as we do. I would love to hear your feedback, so don’t forget to leave me a comment once you have tried these.
Happy Shrove Tuesday.